Lucarns entries: Ras'sh, Irrlicht and more

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Lucarn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Lucarns entries: Ras'sh, Irrlicht and more

Post by Lucarn »

This is my first try, I have some more ideas I am working on. Critique is welcome. :wave:

Ras'sh

Egg: Two dark brown, tapered ears emerge from the shell. Looking closer one can see a bit of fur at the tip of these ears.

Hatchling: It looks a bit like a wolf but it is bigger than one. It has two heads and two tails. Its fur is dark brown or black and the eyes are red. One head is hackling; its serpent tongue hanging out of his snout. The sharp, white teeth seem to glow in the light of the full moon. The pup is wagging its tails as it sees his mother coming back. Soon it will follow her and hunt with her learning how to survive. Now it is playing with the food its mother brought him. The two heads are quarreling a bit but after the meal they are licking each other clean.
If a Magi keeps one of these creatures, he has to travel a lot. Young Ras'shs need to run and play a lot. The owner has no free minute, the little Ras'sh fools around all the time: It hunts other people, hides its owners shoes and scrolls and everything it finds at his keep.

Adult: The Ras'sh's legs are very long and its front legs end in manlike hands. Instead of fingernails it has long claws. It sneaks through the darkness of the night hunting for prey. With its strong hind legs it jumps from far distance on the back of its prey, holding on to it with its hands. With the black fur it is almost invisible at night. After a successful hunt it sleeps the next day hiding from every creature.

General: The Ras'sh is a beast of many legends. It moves like a shadow and the people can only see it when the full moon illuminates the night. As for this and because it has manlike hands, the Ras'sh is said to be a Werewolf: It bites careless humans so they turn into a Ras'sh at full moon. In fact, this is not true. Ras'shs are very shy and rare creatures. They fear humans but if raised by them they are loyal companions and guards. They are also able to carry a human on their back.

Irrlicht

Egg: A very small egg that glows in the dark.

Hatchling: A beautiful little white flower - a water lily - floats out of the egg. The petals are closed but they glow ghostly. The young Irrlicht hides in deep forests, swamps and moors. It is alone fearing every creature it sees, even other Irrlichter. It sleeps most of the time. When it wakes up, it starts to glow. The colour depends on how it feels. By-and-by the Irrlicht gets more and more curious about the other creatures in its biotope. When it sees something moving towards it, the young Irrlicht starts to glow brighter but when the creature or human comes too close it gets scared. Then it hides or flies away a bit.
Unlike those wild Irrlichter, there are ones found by Magi and raised by them. They don't fear humans and love to sleep on the head of its master. When it is awake, it plays around the Magi who raised it. It hasn't learned how to glow for a longer time yet, but it makes gentle sounds that make its owner feel unstressed and happy.
Picture: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3382/hatchie.jpg

Adult: The petals are open now; only a few of them are still closed. They only open when the Irrlicht is feeding on its prey. Under the pure white petals lies their mowl, a round abyss with thousands of sharp little teeth.
The Irrlicht has learned how to lure prey into the deep swamp: When it sees a living creature going through its area, it starts to glow. If the creature comes closer, the Irrlicht moves away a bit until the prey gets lost in the swamp and sinks. Then it dives into the moor and feeds on the dead.
Even a tamed Irrlicht tends to float to swampy areas and searches for dead creatures. But it will never lure its owner into the moor. In the night, it glows for him and guides him. It can find a way out of gigantic woods and labyrinths without ever having crossed them. When it is angry, it bites – maybe because someone hurt its owner. These bites really hurt!
Picture: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/882/adult.jpg

General: An Irrlicht is the perfect companion for Magi who travel a lot and explore foreign lands. They can count on the Irrlicht as it is a perfect guide. With its beautiful glowing and sounds, it takes away negative emotions. Irrlichter are not bigger than a finger and they love to be caressed and kissed. The more love you give to them, the longer they live. And sometimes, they even give birth in front of their owner's eyes – a sign that they trust them. And the offspring will stay with the Magi as did its mother.

And the next creature. It is from the Arthurian saga, I changed the creatures look and behavior a bit so it fits the world of MagiStream. Pictures are from Wikipedia and Google.

Glatisant
Spoiler
Image Image
Egg: The tail of a lion curles around the yellow egg with the black spots.

Hatchling: There is a nest with around 50 eggs, but nearly all of them seem empty. Only one has live in it and it is about to hatch. There has never been a more curious creature than the Glatisant. It hardly hatched from his egg and everyone is staring at it. It barkes and cries loud in fear, then jumpes and tries to run away. If the Magi who found it doesn't catch him now, he will never find it again. The long elegant legs of an antelope carry the Glatisant away very fast and with its leopard fur and its talent to hide it is impossible to see it in the high gras or in the trees. It has the head of a snake or dragon and the tail of a lion. A Magi has to catch it after it hatches and then carry it in his hands for an hour, so the Glatisant gets attuned to its owner. When it accepts him as its mother, it will never hide from him. But no other person will ever see it.
The young Glatisant is very small, around 1.9 and 2 inches (5cm), but it will raise to a giant beast in the next months. It is always hungry and has a rumbly tummy nearly all the time.

Adult: The creature is full grown now; it is gigantic, but still able to hide perfectly. The male ones get long horns on their head while the females get small feathered wings. They move incredible quietly, but their stomach is making so much noise that you can hear them from far away. The Glatisant is always hungry and its stomach is only quiet when it drinks. And when it drinks, it drinks a lot. You can see the level of the lake it is drinking from dropping.
But even if they are so noisy, you will never find a Glatisant when it doesn't want to be found. The only person who is allowed to find them is their owner.

General: Glatisants are one of the most rare species ever known. The females have lots of eggs, but in the majority of cases only one to three of them hatch. In the first few seconds they are easy prey for snakes, birds of prey, wild cats and other hunters. When it hides, it is safe. Glatisants seem never to sleep. They can carry their owner over far distances and hide them perfectly from enemies. Most of the daytime it licks its fur so it is always beautiful.

The fourth entry. I love this creature very much.

Auryth

Egg: It gleams purple, but at the same time you seem to can see through it. You see what lies behind this egg, but you can't see the small creature inside. Only a crown emerges from the egg. This crown is as colourful and at the same time translucent as the egg.

Hatchling: The dragon whelp lurkes in the water, only its nose and eyes are over water, the big crown lies close to the body. It is nearly invisible, because its body is translucent. You can't see its organs, but you can see the fishes that swim under it. It hunts dragonflies, frogs and fishes, runs around and seems to be very proud about every creature it catches.
Its body is warm and feels like it has fur, not scales. You can't see its wings yet, but it jumps around like it is trying to fly. It will need half a year until it unfolds its wings for the first time. At the same time it will start to grow rapidly, start to fly and maybe speak. A young Auryth always tries to imitate other creatures and mans way to communicate, but most of the time it sounds like a hoarse raven.

Adult: A majestic dragon flies over the ocean. His wings carry him over long distances, he is as big as a ship. He breathes ice and the beat of his wings can create a storm. The light of the sun breakes though his body, making him sparkle like a diamond and shining in all colours of the rainbow. He flies above the clouds, making a loop and then dives into the deep of the sea. He is on the way north to the unknown icy lands where other of his kind meet from time to time and dance in the cold winds over the large glaciers. Their flight can be seen by man only from far distance and they call it the northern lights, because they don't see the dragons bodies but the lights that shine from them.
The Auryths dance and sing. It is the song of the eternal winter the world once experienced and which they hope to come back again some day.

General: Only the legends tell about the Auryths. They seem to have lived when the world had never seen a summer and snow and ice were everywhere. Their tears became the diamonds and jewels the humans adore so much.You can see through their body, like they were not there, but you could see them, like they were ghosts or made of glass.
When the world got warmer and the snow was melting, many Auryths hide in the last cold areas. They are now sleeping in their icy caves in glaciers or under water and wait for the frost to come back. From time to time it happens that a glacier is breaking and melting and when an egg of an Auryth was inside it, a Magi may find it. Only very few people have ever seen an Auryth and when they saw them, they weren't sure if it was a real dragon or just an imagination. It is said that Auryths speep in the dreams of people, eating the bad dreams and curing the ill with the tears they cry in sleep. They are said to be very wise and only those who are able to solve their riddles will be allowed to fly on their back and see when they dance.
Last edited by Lucarn on September 16th, 2009, 9:15:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Ras'sh

Post by Aneira »

it sounds like na interesting creature yet....creepy. Man-like hands, weird, but yet, interesting :look:

Anyways, the description doesnt really make it sound like the creature is attached to you, only the general. I suppose thats how its suppose to be, but its very interesting. A mysteriose creature. :srsly:
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Re: Ras'sh

Post by cyberus151 »

This sounds awesome, its about time we had a interesting/scaryish creature
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
Lucarn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Lucarns entries: Ras'sh, Irrlicht

Post by Lucarn »

Thanks for the hint kieran4332. I changed the description a bit so it refers a bit to the Magi.
I am glad you like the Ras'sh. :D

I added another creature: The Irrlicht.
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

I like the second creature, except what it looks like is vague,
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
Lucarn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lucarn »

I will add pictures of the Irrlicht soon.^^
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

ok, I wonder how anyone would like my entry, its nothing compared to yours, i really think its pretty cool
~ImageImageImageImage~
Lucarn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Lucarns entries: Ras'sh, Irrlicht and more

Post by Lucarn »

Added another creature, the Glatisant. Hope you like it. :wave:
Umbreon97
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Umbreon97 »

Um. Okay.
THE GLATISANT IS BEAUTIFUL. :t-swoon:
I love that thing to death, it's design is just...aaaaah <333
If it was a donation pet, I'd bug my dad forever to let me donate to get one. Eee <3

Oh yes, the descriptions are great, too. Very detailed. :D
Unnamed male for an unnamed female: Image
I made my avatar from scratch.
ImageImageImageImage
Lucarn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lucarn »

My fourth entry: The Auryth. A mythical dragon from ancient times. Hope you like it. :wave: As always, critics are welcome.

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”