Mordeth's Entries: Orca, Flying fish

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Mordeth's Entries: Orca, Flying fish

Post by BluMajica »

ORCA

Ive drawn a couple of pics - one is a scanned image of my pencil drawing the other is a photoshopped drawing of the same scan (SORRY they are big) to give an idea of what I was thinking.
Spoiler
SCAN

PHOTOSHOPPED
Descriptions:

EGG: This black and white egg is rubbery and wet.

HATCHLING: A baby orca has hatched from the shell, it loves to play in the water. Splashing happily with other young ocean creatures, they often try to engage their magi in water games of hide'n'seek or who splashed last wins which they most often win if they do not get tired first.

ADULT: Orcas are very social creatures and very protective of their magi and young - often defending against other larger sea creatures who see the young as a souce of food. The male orcas are much larger than the female, and often roam the waters scouting for potential threats to his family. The adult orca is still a very playful creature and will often hide from the magi in their own game of hide'n'seek often to the magi's dispair as they are often travelling, and are not in the mood to play.

GENERAL: Orcas can be found among the reefs and waters around the Callisto Islands,the young Orcas can be found playing in a large group among the leviathans that are found there. These are the only Ocras that magi have been able to study as they tend to stay around the Callisto Islands for most of the year. Other Orcas that tend to travel a lot have been very hard for the magi to study, and are thought to be more pedatory than their cousins among the Islands. Orcas are related to the Narwhal through distant relatives and as such you can see the two groups traveling together.

Any Critics?
Last edited by BluMajica on September 15th, 2009, 8:25:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Orca, Flying Fish

Post by BluMajica »

EDIT: 15/9/09 Updated the descriptions... i dont think Im happy with the hatchling one yet but I will add more later and some pics of the eggs and hatchlings.

FLYING FISH:

Egg: This scaly egg shimmers in your hand, changing from a deep blue to almost white and back. It reminds you of a Koi's egg, but has small wings sprouting from it.

Hatchling: An amazing Flying Fish has emerged from your egg, though it doesn't seem to like the fresh water in your koi pond, so you move it to the ocean where it can't help but leap back out of the water and glide short distances. Its colouring of blue and white helps it blend into the ocean breakers.

Adult: Your lovely hatchling has matured into a beautiful adult. Although not very useful for anything, the Flying fish love to accompany a magi on their travels, their blue and white bodies flashing in the sun. Although the adult Flying Fish doesn't mind fresh water, they are most at home in the sea and can Fly for great distances before having to engulf their bodies in water for a moment to refresh their scales before leaping back out and resuming their original position slightly ahead of the magi.

General: Flying Fish love to fly, and are happiest when traveling, a magi may not see their flying fish for weeks at a time, as they explore new islands in the sea, but they make a grand entrance to let themselves be known once they have returned - often to the magi's despair as they are usually in the middle of something and get distracted by the flying creature - many plates have been broken by a magi in such a situation. There are many legends involving the Flying Fish, are thought to be distant cousins of the Koi, who just never shed their wings due to their love of flying. Some also think they only fly out of the water to herald some great disaster or sea monster.
Last edited by BluMajica on September 15th, 2009, 8:25:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
Soundwave
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Orca

Post by Soundwave »

It's nice to see a creature that ISN'T magic.
Image *Here (Should) Be Monsters* Image Adorable icons by Umberon9 of DeviantArt!
I was last on here in 2013...
SunsetVWF026
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by SunsetVWF026 »

Yeah, I don't do a lot of magic creatures myself.
This site needs orcas in my opinion, but you might want to add a little more description for the hatchling.
Forgotten Unicorn Hoard: 984/1000. Fun fact, I currently own 4.48% of all Forgotten Unicorns on Magistream. Almost there!
13/25 presents~
Erika
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Erika »

I love the idea!
Rather inactive, haha oh yea this is dead bye everyone :P
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

SunsetVWF026 wrote:Yeah, I don't do a lot of magic creatures myself.
This site needs orcas in my opinion, but you might want to add a little more description for the hatchling.

noted and I will add some more to it. I thought it was a bit short, just couldn't think of more to say :)

thanks for the comments
Beetle by Cassowary

Yunyi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Yunyi »

You know, since so many people are submitted magical creatures (myself included :c), a nonmagical one seems like the most unique. Lol that's just my take.
helsinkivampiress
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by helsinkivampiress »

I love orcas :t-swoon: They would be perfect companions for my narwhals :t-:)
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Mordeth's Entries: Orca, Flying fish

Post by BluMajica »

added a Flying Fish. ive been after these for a bit lol
helsinkivampiress wrote:I love orcas :t-swoon: They would be perfect companions for my narwhals :t-:)
i so agree with this, when I saw them on the suggestion list that was my first thought :D
Beetle by Cassowary

Erika
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Mordeth's Entries: Orca, Flying fish

Post by Erika »

Love the work
Last edited by Erika on September 16th, 2009, 7:45:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rather inactive, haha oh yea this is dead bye everyone :P

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”