Thy Gargoyle & sea serpent - criticism welcome

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Thy Gargoyle (Competition Entry)

Post by Tyriagris »

thanks :) actually, the drawings took around three or four hours..
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

wow, thats going to be hard to beat. Course i suck at doing sprites XD

Anyways....Amazing! A gargoyle would be cool. Although ive grown up knowing they were grey, stone colored, but completly alive. Not made of stone at all. And the hatchlings stay on walls to protect themselves. But this would be very cool!

I love it XD
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

Thanks :) Well, As I said, I don't really like my sprites.. xD
Muirgen
CreaturesTrade

Post by Muirgen »

Ohh. o.o A Gargoyle. I would like to see one made but maybe[/b] it could be a bit like the Gargoyles on the Disney Show Gargoyles.? Just a suggestion.
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

hmm.. I've edited the descrption and I've added another creature, please excuse the bad drawings but they aren't made like pixelart since I had no time to do so..
Varg
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Thy Gargoyle & sea serpent - criticism welcome

Post by Varg »

Came back when I saw you'd added a sea serpent.

Like I would advise anyone who was putting forward another bird I urge caution with the sea serpent. There are already a wide variety of leviathans as well as the koi fish, and I think what this competition is calling for is something a little more bold and new. There are already so many swimming beasties and winged-this-thats that I can't help but think they are trying to draw out of their supporting community something less conventional and more imaginitive. Though I do think you've executed the idea well I am definately a bigger fan of your gargoyle idea. I urge you to keep producing idea for the contest though!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

Thanks xD actually, I would add either a hawk or a saber-tooth cat, but since I was creating the serpent's pictures for a friend, I decided to add this first.. maybe I'll add one of the others today, too, but I can't promise.. School started this week again
Varg
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Varg »

The saber-toothed cat interests me. I'd like to see what you did with that one. I'll keep an eye on the thread.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

just do :) I think, I've finished it in a while

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”