The Eggs of the Stream

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
MagiStreak
CreaturesTrade

The Eggs of the Stream

Post by MagiStreak »

Somewhere, deep into the mountains, lies a wonderous stream, only found by the most sharpest eyes. Many travelers wander on the mountainside without so much as a glance toward the stream. Some say that the mountains are guarded by Manticores prowling the ground,Pegasi are patrolling the sky, and Leviathans are guarding the stream. But what could they all be protecting? Few travelers have came back to tell the tale. The few that have, tell about legends. They spin a yarn about colorful eggs gleaming and floating across the stream.

Originally, the eggs were scattered across the globe. Inside the warmest of volcanoes, the deepest of chasms, the coldest tundras. Some eggs feel warm to touch, and some others are pleasantly cool. Most eggs even have wings, making them ultimately, harder to find and catch. Some have rough horns, while others are covered in scales. Eggs sometimes have mysterious markings on them, many debate on how or why they are marked. It is rumored that there may even be a deep cave filled with crystals of all colors and sizes, that may have some very rare eggs.

Some people dare to wander the stream so they can raise the eggs as their lifelong companions and guardians. Some who are deeply frightened of the beasts defending the stream buy them from merchants at a Merchant District. Few have even managed to find the crystal cave and have enough courage to venture in to it. There are also sometimes people who are willing to swap eggs for money or other eggs that they want.

But there are also many mysteries behind the eggs too. People have realized that the same egg can be grown into many different adults. Leviathans, along with gryphons, appear to come in many different colors, does it depend on where they are raised? Does it depend on where the egg was originally found? These questions have been unsolved for years.

But perhaps, the biggest debate of all is, how do all the eggs get put together in the same stream? It is believed that there is an original pegasus that carries all the eggs into the stream. It is also believed that the stream runs all across the road, and sometimes the eggs fall into it. The most likely belief of all, is that maybe they were ment to be put in the same place to symbolize something. Perhaps it was meant to symbolize being together. There are different types of people, just like there are different types of species. Eggs rarely get raised alone, the more people help others, the faster the eggs grow. To teach everyone to work together and overcome the greatest of obstacles. A nation united, through times of joy and times of sorrow. One nation, one stream.

I know the ending sounds kinda corny, I randomly came up with this overnight.
ImageImageImageImage

I believe in the loch ness monster!
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Eggs of the Stream

Post by nightbug08 »

Yeah but it's a sweet kind of corny. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

nightbug08 wrote:Yeah but it's a sweet kind of corny. :D
Well, my story came from a dream ... :orly: :yarly: :italian: ^_^
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
RohannaFalcon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by RohannaFalcon »

Interesting....My competition entry was called 'The Ceremony' and it was all about how, in some kind of ancient, unspoken urge, each and every magical creature in their world (I called it Arturas) gather at the Waterfall Lake combine their magic to form the Portal, a huge portal to Earth. Each magical creature flies, walks, or swims through and places its egg in one of three piles at the birthplace of the MagiStream. Then, after all the eggs are put through, the power of the Portal flashes out and touches each creature, until one of them is chosen as the Keeper of the Eggs. This creature is brought through the Portal, and is in charge of tipping all the eggs into the stream. Occasionally, the Keeper will go to the Crystal Cave and place some of the more rarer eggs in the Cave. When the 100 years are up, there are no more Eggs and the Portal opens again. More eggs are placed at the MagiStream and a new Keeper is chosen. The old Keeper is taken back through the Portal and back into Arturas. When the creatures go to Earth to be Keeper, the Portal steals their immortality away. When they go back, the Portal gives it back.
No one knows why.
But I like this, It's like a factoid page. cool.
Go ahead! Read my ongoing story, Riddles and Tricks!
Spoiler
Where's the Doctor? I dunno, follow the sound of explosions!

Return to “Legend Contest”