Legend of the Manticareye

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Sunwish
CreaturesTrade

Legend of the Manticareye

Post by Sunwish »

Long ago in deepest part of the jungle, lived the Manticareye (MAN-ti-care-eye ). A HUGE beast that was part man, part tiger, and and drop beastly eggs that, ubder the care of other creatures roamed the forest calmly. All the magis feared the manticareye for every year an offering was to be given, a magi. But not just any magi, on January 13th every year, he would prey upon a city, with a toenail the size of a building, he would crush everything until it was all a pulp, unless the correct magi was offered. Throughout the year he would tell the city where he knew the magi would be hints
One year, he gave only 1 hint, "The magi I seek will come." His mighty terrifying voice spoke. But nobody understood.
The city panicked and attempted to flee on January 12, when there were no more hints. But the manticareye made sure they stayed, threatening to crush them if they ran away. One woman, called Veartus (VEAR-tis), had escaped and found the Manticareye's ofspring, and tamed them. These so called monsters were strong, but not like the Manticareye, capable of carrying a lion, but not destroying a city. They looked like black lions with large black wings.
Veartus brought all the beasts and defeated the Manticareye in a battle, she did come, the magi Manticareye wanted, but she was not eaten. She was awared withall the treasure the city could get, and the beloved creatures were named Manticores, based on the beast who destroyed every town and city, and the City became known as Mantcareye, after that mighty beast.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage pm me on how to do the show/ hide thing please, i really need it
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Re: Legend of the Manticareye

Post by nightbug08 »

Hmm very interesting :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
Sunwish
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sunwish »

thanks, I'm not one for writing,but when it comes to contests, I just get an idea, personally, I think I could have added more detail. Oh well, I don't have enough time, in a few min. i am leaving for 3 days :t-cry:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage pm me on how to do the show/ hide thing please, i really need it
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

nightbug08 wrote:Hmm very interesting :D
Agreed! :yarly: Nice Orgin story! ^_^ :D :crazy:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!

Return to “Legend Contest”