Who has Rescued......

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

what animal have you Rescued?

Baby/adult Bunny
9%
Robin Bird
12%
Moruning Dove
2%
Some other type of Bird
44%
A deer
No votes
Raccoon
No votes
Apisum
No votes
two of the 7
7%
three of the 7
19%
All of thy above
7%

Total votes: 43

universalkat
CreaturesTrade

Re: Who has Rescued......

Post by universalkat »

My dad's ex girlfriend lived on a farm, and they had a cat, a big fluffy grey cat. Well their cat liked to kill little animals and bring them inside (Not unusual). One day she had caught a baby bunny (Fit in your hand, baby) and was, tormenting, it? Not sure how you want to describe what she was doing. But she would take the bunny into one of the nearby fields, let it go, and after a minute or two, run after it and re-catch it.
My dad had seen her do this a few times before he had gone over and took the bunny away from her. The bunny was a mix of different browns, and had a bit of skin/fur taken of its head from the cat. We didn't let the bunny go instantly fearing that the cat would attack it again. So instead we put it in a box, with some bunny food of course, and put it in the horse barn where we kept the baby chicks while they were growing.
Sadly I don't know what happened to the bunny, as it was gone the next day. We don't know if it got out and disappeared, or if the cat got it again.

I also remember being really little and helping a friend of mine care for a bird we found that had broken wing.
Please click these babies!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fright
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Who has Rescued......

Post by Fright »

I used to own a greyhound mix, she was very fast and incredibly instinctive. She brought us a LIVE baby rabbit to our porch, wet from her mouth but unharmed. We kept it overnight to make sure it was alright before releasing it near the rabbit hole in our yard.

We've done the same with lizards stuck in the house or other weird places (they get into all sorts of weird spots, like your car). Catch them and put them back outside if possible.
M / 21 / Aries
tumblr.

Return to “Popsicle stand”