Adoptable sites, old and new

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.
PuppyToast
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Adoptable sites, old and new

Post by PuppyToast »

Insane to see World of Umbria mentioned in the first post, I helped work on it and worked on some of the pets quite a long time ago, so nice to see people still remember it. Nowadays I do some volunteer work over on GPX+ to get new Pokemon sprites out.

I play... many many browser games like this. I'm not as into the breeding/dress up ones as I am into the more collection-themed ones like Magistream/Dragcave/The Final Outpost, but I like to try them out anyway so I prob have accounts in most places!
I recently started Eggdex and Virtuadopt again thanks to Yarolds introducing me to them when I came back to Magistream recently haha. I really like clicker/creature growing collection games the most I think.

I'm loving this google doc of more sites, I'll have to check some of these out for sure! Thanks for sharing Audrei! I thought I knew about most of them but I sure am wrong LOL
(✿◕‿◕)
Returning member from 2012. I don't know what I'm doing.
Greyphilosopher
CreaturesTrade

Re: Adoptable sites, old and new

Post by Greyphilosopher »

I myself have only very recently entered the 'browser pet game" genre. I was born in the early 2000's, so by the time I was old enough to surf the internet I generally spent my time elsewhere- mostly those silly flash games you used to find all over the place. (RIP flash.) I think the first 'pet' game I ever played was, funnily enough, Bellasara. It was a pretty expansive site where you could care for your own pet horse and play minigames. It also had a little rpg game attached to it, but I was too young at the time to understand how to play.
I was *obsessed* with that game for a very long time. Then I fell off of browser games for a number of years for things like deviantart and tumblr. I got really addicted to those roleplay accounts you'd find, especially the ones that were playing a character I liked. Not to mention the ask blogs, gods, I remember coming home from school every day, logging on to my computer and first thing, checking if my favourite blogs updated that day. It's honestly funny that I never started my own. I miss those days, sometimes. They were much simpler.

But back to the story, I'd say my first proper petsim was actually dragcave. I didn't understand how it worked at first and dropped off it for a long while, upon which I discovered beastkeeper (a very good petgame, albeit complex and unfortunately barren) and then flightrising! I play FR relatively often, even though I'm not so excited about the dragons anymore. I like the community there, especially of my own "flight". I hop on dragcave very occasionally as it's unfortunately not as active and I find the forums to be a little boring. Which, of course, brings us to magistream.
I started playing magistream while on a browser game craze, frantically clicking through every 'petsite' that caught my eye but I'd say it's only this week that I've really begun to grow a preference toward Magistream.

It has a lot more lore and I REALLY like that you can go on quests. It's just the extra little activity my brain needed to really latch onto the site and invest in it. I can get a bit intimidated when my only option for playing to to 'talk' to other players, so its nice to have something else to do. I'd say I... feel at home here. I feel like I'm watching people who have the same extremely niche interests as me.

Other games I've tried include Wolvden, Lorewolf and one more that completely escapes me now
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Popsicle stand”